Too-Easy Berry Cobbler
Save even more time by using store-bought, crustless white bread for the topping.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen whole strawberries, unthawed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 white bread slices
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Stir together pie filling, strawberries, and 2 tablespoons flour. Stir in vanilla extract. Place in a lightly greased 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Trim crusts from bread slices; cut each slice into 5 strips. Arrange bread strips over fruit mixture.
- Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, and next 4 ingredients; drizzle over bread strips.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note