Tony's Italian Pasta-Meat Pie
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup small star or alphabet macaroni
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine meat, eggs, Romano cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape into a ball, and place on a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan. Press evenly on bottom and sides of pan.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well. Combine macaroni, 2 table spoons tomato sauce, and mushrooms; spread evenly over meat. Top with remaining tomato sauce.
- Brown sausage in a small skillet, stirring to crumble: drain well. Sprinkle sausage evenly over tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes