A tangy, barbeque-like sauce for Japanese deep-fried pork cutlet.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Ketchup
- 1/2 cup(s) Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 cup(s) Sake
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garlic Crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) Ginger root Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Mirin
- Crush garlic 10 minutes before hand for optimum oxidation.
- Peel ginger root and chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Put all above ingredients in stainless steel saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer for 25 to 30 minutes skimming any foam that rises to the top to reduce bitterness.
- Strain out garlic and ginger through a sieve.
- Chill and refrigerate. Sauce will keep for 4 to 6 weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KoroshiyaHunter and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note