- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or tarragon vinegar
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 4 low-fat chicken sausages (about 12 ounces)
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (about 6 ounces)
- calories 409
- fat 15.2 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 3.7 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 79 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 631 mg
- calcium 66 mg
How to Make It
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend well, scraping down sides of blender several times to incorporate all ingredients; reserve.
Combine quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, over low heat, until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender (about 12 minutes); reserve.
Cook the sausages in a skillet with 1/4-inch water, over medium heat, turning occasionally. Continue cooking until the water evaporates and sausages brown slightly (about 10 minutes); transfer to a cutting board, and slice into 1-inch pieces.
Scatter the quinoa over a large platter. Arrange salad greens, tomatoes, onion, and sausages over quinoa; drizzle with the reserved dressing. Sprinkle salad with tarragon, chives, and a final dash of coarse black pepper.