TOMATO VODKA SAUCE
A great combination of spicy tomato (arrabbiata) and vodka cream. This sauce has both a spicy kick with a smooth cream finsih. Great served over pasta with side of grilled chicken or sausage. Also terrific in baked pasta dishes like stuffed shells, lasagna, or ziti
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) diced onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 can(s) tomato paste
- 1 can(s) 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can(s) 28 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 can(s) 28 oz can of whole tomatoes drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmensan
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion to oil and sauté until onions are soft, about 4 minutes, Stir in garlic, pepper flakes, basil, and oregano. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste to coat mixture and sauté for about one more minute
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and whole tomatoes. Crush the tomatoes with a spoon or crush by hand before adding to the post. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to medium low, simmer until reduced by a 1/3 about 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar, cream and parmesan. At this point, it is ready to serve or add to your favorite baked pasta dish. Can refridgerate for 1-2 days until ready to add to your favorite dish. Sauce can also be frozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by daksbistro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note