- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package vermicelli, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Press tomatoes through a sieve, using the back of a spoon; discard pulp. Combine tomato juice and chicken broth in a small Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Return to a boil; add vermicelli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chicken and salt and pepper; heat thoroughly. Ladle into individual soup bowls; sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This