Photo: Oxmoor House
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 12.8g
- Carbohydrate: 49.7g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 818mg
- Calcium: 203mg
- 6 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) whole wheat rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, quartered (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and zucchini; sauté 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add pasta sauce, salt, and pepper to zucchini mixture; stir gently. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a large bowl. Spoon pasta sauce over pasta; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes