delicious! I added chunks of fresh parm, zucchini, and chicken to make a hearty stew, husband loved it.
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
Tomato sauce and grated Parmesan cheese make a creamy base for this tomato tortellini soup recipe that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 10 1/2 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat; add garlic. Saute for 2 minutes; stir in broth and tortellini. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; simmer until tortellini is tender.
- Stir in spinach, tomatoes and tomato sauce; simmer for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note