We make this recipe often and enjoy it ever time. In a pinch, I have used dried herbs with excellent results.
Make the oil and oven-dried tomato mixture up to two days ahead and refrigerate; let it stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 5 tablespoons tomato mixture, 3 bread slices, and about 1/2 teaspoon basil)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 196
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 33.3g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 411mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 (1/2-ounce) slices French bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Combine olives, rosemary, oregano, garlic, and tomatoes on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle tomato mixture with oil; toss to coat. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer, cut sides up. Bake at 300° for 2 hours and 15 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop. Stir in pepper. Serve on bread slices, and garnish with basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This