More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 26
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 31mg
- Cholesterol: 1.2mg
- 1 ounce (3/4 to 1 cup) dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 peeled clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a bowl, cover tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand until soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a 6- to 8-inch frying pan over medium heat, stir pine nuts until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain tomatoes; squeeze out and discard excess liquid. In a food processor, whirl tomatoes, nuts, cheese, basil, and garlic until finely chopped. (Or with a knife, mince tomatoes, nuts, basil, and garlic; put in a bowl and mix in cheese.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note