Tomato, Swiss, and Bacon Sandwiches
For a lower sodium option, choose reduced-sodium Canadian bacon and omit added salt. To decrease calories, prepare sandwiches with low-calorie whole-wheat bread.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 29.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 1316mg
- Calcium: 228mg
- 8 Canadian bacon slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill
- 8 multigrain sandwich bread slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (2/3-ounce) slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Cook bacon in a skillet coated with vegetable cooking spray over medium heat 3 minutes per side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine mayonnaise and dill; spread mayonnaise evenly on 1 side of 4 bread slices. Top evenly with bacon slices and tomato slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top evenly with cheese and lettuce. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Note: Canadian bacon is similar to lean ham. It has less fat and cholesterol than bacon.
- Per serving with low-calorie bread: Calories 291; Fat 13g; Carb 25g; Fiber 6.3g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note