Tomato, Sweet Onion, and Parsley Salad
Soaking the onions in water smooths out all their rough edges. Prep Time: 10 minutes. Notes: You can make this salad up to 1 day ahead.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 143mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 medium sweet onions (such as Walla Walla or Maui), cut into 1/4-in.-thick wedges
- 2 pounds grape or small cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) hearts of palm, drained and cut into thin disks (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Put onions in a bowl of cold water and soak for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2. In large bowl, toss tomatoes with onions, hearts of palm, parsley, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato, Sweet Onion, and Parsley Salad Recipe at a Glance