Make a colorful tomato salad by layering slices of panko-coated tomato slices with a mixture of bell peppers, arugula and horseradish sauce.
More From Health
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 65mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small assorted color bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish sauce
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 medium firm-ripe heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 4 large slices
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook peppers and garlic, stirring until soft (about 4 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Combine sour cream and horseradish sauce. Chill until ready to use.
- 3. Preheat broiler; coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place egg white and panko into separate shallow bowls. Dip tomatoes into egg white and coat in panko; place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat about 1 minute or until panko is golden (turning after 30 seconds). Let tomatoes cool slightly on sheet.
- 4. Alternate breaded and unbreaded tomatoes with 1 teaspoon pepper mixture, 1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce, and a few arugula leaves to create 4 stacks. Top with remaining unbreaded tomato slice and an arugula leaf.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note