Tomato Stack Salad with Corn and Avocado from Cooking Light
This is the essence of summer in a standout side salad. This is the star of the meal; keep the entree simple.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slice(s) bacon halved
- 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon(s) cider vingar
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper divided
- 2 ear(s) corn shucked
- cooking spray
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes cut into 8 (1/2" thick) slices
- 2 globe tomatoes cut into 8 (1/2" thick) slices
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 8 minutes or until crisp, tossing occasionally to curl. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- 3. Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Coat corn with cooking spray. Place corn on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until well marked, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cool slightly. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- 5. Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt. Alternate layers of tomato and avocado on each of 4 plates. Scatter corn evenly onto plates. Drizzle each tomato stack with about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper over salads; top each salad with 1 bacon pice.
- CALORIES: 191 FAT: 13g (sat:1.9g, mono:8g, poly:2.2g) PROTEIN: 5.1g
- CARB: 16.1g FIBER: 4.5g CHOL: 5mg IRON: 0.9mg SODIUM: 228mg
- CALC: 40mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Stack Salad with Corn and Avocado from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads