One of my new favorite recipes. I make it with heirloom tomatoes and it looks beautiful. I have shared this recipe so many times. Better than similar recipes at nice restaurants.
Tomato Stack Salad with Corn and Avocado
This tomato side salad is the ultimate summer recipe with a stack of colorful tomato slices and avocado topped wtih fresh herbs, corn, crumbled bacon, and a creamy dressing. This is the star of the meal; keep the entrée simple.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 228mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 2 bacon slices, halved
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 ears shucked corn
- Cooking spray
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices total
- 2 globe tomatoes, cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices total
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 8 minutes or until crisp, tossing occasionally to curl. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- 3. Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Coat corn with cooking spray. Place corn on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until well marked, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cool slightly. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- 5. Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt. Alternate layers of tomato and avocado on each of 4 plates. Scatter corn evenly onto plates. Drizzle each tomato stack with about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper over salads; top each salad with 1 bacon piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note