This was very good. I used fresh cherry tomatoes from my garden instead of slices and mixed it all in a bowl like a salad. Delicious!
Tomato Stack Salad with Corn and Avocado
This tomato side salad is the ultimate summer recipe with a stack of colorful tomato slices and avocado topped wtih fresh herbs, corn, crumbled bacon, and a creamy dressing. This is the star of the meal; keep the entrée simple.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 228mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 2 bacon slices, halved
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 ears shucked corn
- Cooking spray
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices total
- 2 globe tomatoes, cut into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices total
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 8 minutes or until crisp, tossing occasionally to curl. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- 3. Combine buttermilk and next 5 ingredients (through garlic), stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Coat corn with cooking spray. Place corn on grill rack; grill 8 minutes or until well marked, turning occasionally. Remove from grill; cool slightly. Cut corn kernels from cobs.
- 5. Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt. Alternate layers of tomato and avocado on each of 4 plates. Scatter corn evenly onto plates. Drizzle each tomato stack with about 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing and 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper over salads; top each salad with 1 bacon piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads