Jennifer Davick; Buffy Hargett; Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 16.1g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 648mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain penne pasta
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10-oz.) package meatless Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach leaves, thoroughly washed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté chopped onion and sliced sausage in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until tender. Add minced garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes, and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. Add spinach and basil; cook 5 more minutes.
- 3. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add onion mixture, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Note: Nutrition analysis includes cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This