Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) basil
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ripe tomatoes remove seeds, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic crushed
- 1 Small red pepper chopped (optional)
- 4 Cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 oz of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of Basil
- 1. Heat the oil in a heavy pan, cook the onion, garlic and red pepper till soft.
- 2. Add the tomato and cook another 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5. Allow to cool slightly and put the mixture in a blender until it is smooth.
- 6. Return to the pan and heat gradually.
- 7. Add the fresh basil to the tomato soup, cook 2 minutes and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by fondoffud and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Soup2 Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews