When the day calls for a dish that’s light and simple, try Tomato-and-Shrimp Salad. This make-ahead meal combines fresh foods from land and sea. A jalapeno pepper adds just the right amount of kick and pairs well with onions, shrimp, and of course, tomatoes.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound small cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- Watercress or baby arugula
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Fold in tomatoes; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Stir in bacon. Serve shrimp mixture over watercress.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note