Yummy way to use produce from your garden or farmer's market! Used leftover boiled shrimp, heirloom tomatoes and fresh basil from my garden and some jarred jalapeño slices. Great summer time lunch or light dinner.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Kristen Shelton Fielder
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound small cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- Watercress or baby arugula
- 1. Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Fold in tomatoes; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Stir in bacon. Serve shrimp mixture over watercress.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note