- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound small cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 5 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- Watercress or baby arugula
How to Make It
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until well blended. Fold in tomatoes; cover and chill 1 hour.
Stir in bacon. Serve shrimp mixture over watercress.