Serve homemade Tomato Sauce warm with Rice and Ham Croquettes or your favorite savory dipper.
This recipe goes with Rice and Ham Croquettes with Tomato Sauce
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large saucepan over medium heat 6 minutes or until fragrant and onion is tender. (Do not brown.) Add tomatoes and red pepper; cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, 1 hour or until thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note