1. In a 5- to 6-quart heavy dutch oven, combine the EVOO, garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the garlic is golden and the anchovies fall apart, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in the wine, then add the tomatoes. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
2. Lower the heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and reduced by one-third, about 2 hours 15 minutes. Let the sauce cool completely.
3. Freeze it: Store in 1-and 2-cup containers (you'll need at least two 1-cup containers).
4. Use It: Thaw at room temperature for about 2 hours, or pop into the fridge in the morning and let thaw all day. Or, fi you forgot, run it under cold water, slip it out of its storage container and rehear in a small saucepan over ow heaat, or microwave it on the thaw setting.
5. Change It: Add minced carrots with the garlice to sweeten the sauce. Bump the red pepper to 3/4 tbsp. for extra spice. Doubel the wine for a more intense flavor. Stir in 2 small links chopped cured chorizo and omit the anchovies.
Go to full version of