- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tomatoes, quartered (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes. Add tomato, and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until tomato is soft. Add basil, and simmer 7 to 8 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor 1 minute or until smooth. Add salt; cover and chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments