Made this salsa and have received rave reviews from everyone who tried it. I liked it too but thought I might be biased.
Excellent mild salsa that can be canned in a water bath 3 to 6 quarts at a time. Can be used with any type of tomato from beefsteak to cherry. Add more jalapeno peppers to get a medium or hotter taste.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 cup(s) Tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Onions Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Green Peppers Chopped
- 1 cup(s) jalapeno peppers Chopped
- 6 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) Pepper
- 1/8 cup(s) Canning Salt
- 1/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) Vinegar
- 15 oz can(s) Tomato Sauce
- 12 oz can(s) Tomato Paste
- Mix all ingredients together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes. Seal jars and cook in hot water bath for 10 minutes. Makes 3-6 quarts or pints.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by centzablemom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers