- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, basil, mint, and/or chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large raw shrimp
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds small tomatoes, sliced or quartered
- Garnishes: fresh dill, basil, mint, and chives
How to Make It
Coat cold grill grate with cooking spray. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Whisk together extra virgin olive oil and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; whisk in 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Arrange tomatoes on a large serving platter or in a large bowl, and drizzle with 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
Toss shrimp with 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 1/2 tsp. kosher salt. Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink.
Toss grilled shrimp with remaining vinaigrette, and arrange over tomatoes. Or, if desired, toss together shrimp, remaining vinaigrette, and tomatoes.