Great recipe for good fresh tomatoes! This salad is best eaten right away. It doesn't work as well as a leftover, as the goat cheese kind of melts into the dressing overnight.
Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese and Basil
Choose a variety of tomato colors to make the salad more beautiful without any additional work.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges (about 2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
- 1.5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chopped basil and tomato wedges; toss to coat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Top with basil leaves and goat cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note