Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) heirloom tomatoes any color
- 1/2 cup(s) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 whole(s) english cucumber
- 5 whole(s) basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1. Cut the heirloom tomatoes into chunks. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Peel the english cucumber (if desired), cut it into half lengthwise, then cut the halves into small chunks.
- 2. Combine the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a serving dish. Whisk it together, taste and adjust seasoning. Add the vegetables and toss. Tear the basil leaves up, add them in and toss again.
- KIDS: Give them a plate of tomatoes and cucumbers with no dressing if you think they will object. Or do a taste test: dressed v undressed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables