Good, tasty; HOWEVER, the center of the crust was SOGGY, EVEN AFTER LONGER COOKING. Next time I shall try baking the puff pastry first, then adding tomatoes, etc. and baking at a lower temp. Did Southern Living Editors not have this problem?
More From Southern Living
Stand: 20 Minutes
Bake: 24 Minutes
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices, and place on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt. Let stand 20 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured baking sheet. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer on pastry. Stir together cheese and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle cheese mixture over tomatoes.
- 3. Bake tart at 400° for 24 to 27 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Grilled Tomato-Rosemary Tart: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, unfolding pastry sheet onto a lightly floured baking sheet. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Turn 1 side of grill off; leave other side lit. Transfer tart from baking sheet to unlit side of grill, and grill, covered with grill lid, 20 to 22 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Prep: 15 min., Stand: 20 min., Grill: 22 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers