This was great with a side salad for dinner.
Tomato Ricotta Tart
This crust, made tender and flaky with heart-healthy olive oil, makes the perfect base for farm-fresh tomatoes and earthy-sweet basil. For a less expensive alternative to pine nuts, substitute toasted sunflower seeds.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Calcium: 192mg
- 5.6 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1.5 ounces aged Gruyère cheese, shredded and divided (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until combined. Combine oil and 3 tablespoons ice water in a small bowl. With processor on, slowly add oil mixture through food chute, and process until dough is crumbly. Sprinkle dough into a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate coated with cooking spray. Press dough into an even layer in bottom and up sides of dish. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 3. Combine ricotta, egg, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Add 1/4 cup basil and 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese, stirring to combine. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over crust. Arrange tomato slices in a circular pattern over ricotta mixture, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle tomatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons Gruyère cheese. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup basil.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note