- 12 medium tomatoes peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 fresh hot green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
How to Make It
Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel stockpot, stirring well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
Quickly ladle relish into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 15 minutes.