Yield: 4 cups
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 thin slice of onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley, in a medium saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; strain liquid into container, and discard tomatoes, onion, and whole spices. Serve soup hot or cold. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews