- 2 red bell peppers, divided
- 5 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- Fresh Vegetable Medley
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, cut sides down, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, flattening peppers with the palm of your hand. Broil 10 minutes or until peppers are blackened. Remove pan from oven, and wrap peppers in aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes; peel. Dice 2 tablespoons roasted peppers, and set aside (for Fresh Vegetable Medley); place remaining roasted red peppers in a blender.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Core 5 tomatoes, and score the bottoms in an X shape with the tip of a paring knife. Add tomatoes to boiling water; boil 1 minute. Drain and plunge tomatoes into ice water. Let stand 3 minutes. Peel tomatoes, discarding skins; coarsely chop.
Add chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and next 6 ingredients to blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Divide gazpacho evenly among 4 soup bowls; top with Fresh Vegetable Medley. Garnish, if desired.