Great pizza recipe! There are limited ingredients, but if you buy fresh then the ingredients will speak for themselves. I used C.L.'s Homemade Pizza Dough recipe for the crust and my only modification was to mix the garlic & olive oil with some italian seasoning and spread on the crust first prior to adding the other ingredients. I also added some rotisserie chicken (shredded). Broil on High for the last 3 minutes of cook time to get a nice golden crust and cheese then serve to the delight of your family. Start to finish, this was so easy and simple to make but tasted absolutely delicious. While the pizza baked, I also roasted some asparagus with italian seasoning on my second rack in the oven and served alongside the pizza after the broil time - great meal and I would definitely make again; enjoy!
Tomato Pizza with Garlic and Smoked Gouda
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 382mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 1/2 recipe Pizza Dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sliced plum tomato (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a (12-inch) pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange the tomato slices over cheese. Combine oil and garlic; sprinkle over tomato. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with basil. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This