Tomato Pizza Rolls
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) warm water (105F-115F)
- 2 package(s) active dry yeast
- 6 cup(s) bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1 clove(s) large garlic
- 3 cup(s) cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon peel finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper finely
- 2 - 4 ounce(s) prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) basil leaves
- olive oil
- fresh basil snipped
- 1 - In a large bowl combine water and yeast; let stand for 5 minutes. Add flour and 2 teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 6 to 8 minutes to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic. Shape dough in a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface of dough. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise at warm room temperature 1 to 2 hours until doubled in size.
- 2 - For sauce, while dough rises, mince and mash garlic with a large pinch of salt to a paste. Stir together with tomatoes, parmesan, 1/4 cup oil, lemon peel, pepper, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3 - Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 425F.
- 4 - Place raised dough on a well-floured work surface. Stretch or roll dough to a 22x14-inch rectangle. Scatter prosciutto and basil leaves on dough. Place tomato sauce along the lengthwise cent of dough. Fold bottom third of dough over tomato sauce, then fold over top third of dough. Cut dough crosswise in 10 pieces. Transfer rolls cut sides up to two baking sheets, gently pressing dough to expose some of the filling. Space about 2-inches apart.
- 5 - Bake rolls 25 to 35 minutes, switching baking sheet positions midway through baking time, until crust is golden and hollow-sounding. To serve, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with snipped fresh basil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note