Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pie crusts, cooked according to package directions
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. mayo
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves packed and thinly sliced
- 6-8 roma tomatoes sliced (if you have time to let them sit on papertowels, it helps get some of the excess water out)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook pie crusts according to directions.
- Sprinkle 1/4 c. of mozzarella in the bottom of each pie crust while still hot to seal the bottom.
- Layer the tomatoes on top of the cheese in each crust.
- Combine the garlic and basil (easiest to use a food processer if you have one) and layer on top of the tomatoes.
- Make the cheese mixture - the rest of the mozzarella, all the mayo, parm cheese and sprinkle of red pepper flakes (a little goes a long way so don't go too crazy) - and layer on top of the garlic mixture. Try to cover everything so just the cheese is on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, take off the foil. If you are able, leave foil covering only the edge of the pie crust. If you don't feel like doing it, don't worry. Bake for 20 more minutes until the top is golden brown. (NOTE: If you use low fat mayo and parm cheese, there will be more water in the pie and it will take longer to cook. It tastes good - just be prepared to cook a little longer.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by clayton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note