- 6 medium-size ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored, and halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
How to Make It
Place 6 tomato halves in a greased 10-inch deep-dish pieplate. Sprinkle evenly with half of salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Top with 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs; dot with half the butter. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges to serve.