Very tasty and easy! This is a great way to use all those garden tomatoes and fresh basil. Perfect for a hot summer evening.
Tomato Panzanella with Shrimp and Basil
Use multicolored tomatoes for a prettier plate.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 42 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 17.9g
- Carbohydrate: 30.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 4 cups (3/4-inch) cubed whole-wheat French bread baguette (about 6 ounces)
- 5 cups ripe tomato wedges (about 4 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups small basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place bread cubes on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning cubes once.
- 3. Combine tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil, red pepper, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; cook 5 minutes or until warm and fragrant. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice. Add bread, shrimp mixture, and basil to tomatoes; toss gently to coat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads