Tomato Panzanella with Shrimp and Basil from Cooking Light
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) cubed whole-wheat French bread baguette (about 6 ounces)
- 5 cup(s) ripe tomato wedges (about 4 large)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 1/2 pound(s) medium shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 6 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) small basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Place bread cubes on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning cubes once.
- 3. Combine tomatoes and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil, red pepper, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over low heat; cook 5 minutes or until warm and fragrant. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp to pan; saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice. Add bread, shrimp mixture, and basil to tomatoes; toss gently to coat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Panzanella with Shrimp and Basil from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes