Ripe-off-the-vine tomatoes are prime for Tomato Panzanella. The wine seems like an usual addition, but it will bring out the flavor of the tomatoes in this salad.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 cup cooked fresh corn kernels
- 2 pounds large heirloom tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/2 (16-oz.) French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Toss together corn, tomatoes, wine, toasted bread cubes, cucumber, olive oil, onion, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Let stand 30 minutes. Add vinegar, and toss to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note