Tomato, Onion, and Serrano Chile Salsa
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 pound(s) plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup(s) red onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 whole(s) serrano chiles coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 pinch(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) cilantro loosely packed, coarsely chopped
- Seed and dice 10 tomato halves; transfer to large bowl. Place remaining tomatoes in blender; add onion, lime juice, chiles, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add cilantro. Pulse just to mix in cilantro. Pour tomato puree into bowl with diced tomatoes. Stir to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandofan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato, Onion, and Serrano Chile Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads