Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 174mg
- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir oil and garlic; brush on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 4. Bake until cheese has melted and crust is golden and crisp, about 13 minutes. Top with basil, if desired. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note