I made my own version of this. I used Pillsbury pizza crust. I only used 3/4 of the can of dough. I used 1tbsp olive oil and brushed the dough all over instead of spraying. Then I did everything else the same except used prosciutto instead of pancetta. The prosciutto came shaved thin from the deli and I thinly sliced about 1-2oz and added to the pizza during the last minute. I also used fresh cracked pepper and sesame seeds instead of the cornmeal. This was delicious but I'm thinking about how to add more flavor next time without the calories. My estimate was 189 calories per slice (6 slices total only using 3/4 of pizza dough)
Beau Gustafson; Jan Gautro
Pancetta, Italian cured bacon, tops this tomato-mozzarella pizza but you can substitute regular bacon, if you wish. Round out the meal with a tossed green salad.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 16.9mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place dough on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal; press dough into a 12-inch circle. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Lightly spray surface of dough with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Arrange tomato slices on paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle garlic evenly over surface of dough; sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese evenly over dough. Arrange tomato slices on top of cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Chop pancetta. Cook pancetta in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain. Sprinkle pancetta over pizza; bake an additional 1 minute or until crust is golden. Sprinkle basil over pizza; let stand 2 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes