- All-purpose flour and cornmeal
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves, optional
- calories 334
- fat 10.9 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 3.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 9 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 686 mg
- calcium 174 mg
How to Make It
Place an oven rack on lowest position and preheat to 500°F.
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-inch round. Generously sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal. Place dough on sheet.
In a small bowl, stir oil and garlic; brush on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with tomatoes, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, mozzarella and Parmesan.
Bake until cheese has melted and crust is golden and crisp, about 13 minutes. Top with basil, if desired. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.