Tomato Mozzarella & Basil Pasta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) penne pasta
- 2 14 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil chopped
- 8 ounce(s) mozzarella cheese cubed or shredded
- 1 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Boil water for penne and cook as usual. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer until pasta is ready. Stir basil into the tomato sauce, then combine with the pasta. Spray or oil a large baking dish and add half of the pasta mixture. Top with half of the mozzarella and half of the parmesan. Add the rest of the pasta mixture, then top that with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted to your liking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carapetsch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note