Tomato Minestrone Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 pound(s) pancetta or thick cut prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 pound(s) zucchini
- 2 stalk(s) celery
- 1 small carrot
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 can(s) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can(s) tomato puree
- 1/2 pound(s) whole wheat penne
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) parmigianno cheese
- In a soup pot, heat the EVOO, a couple of turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta or prosciutto, if using, and cook until browned, a couple of minutes. Add the zucchini, celery, carrot, onion, bay leaf and 2 cloves garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, 7-8 minutes.
- Pre-heat the broiler and position a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Stir the chicken stock, beans and tomatoes into the soup and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente. Stir in the basil and lower the heat to low.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add in the remaining 1 clove garlic and swirl for a minute or so; remove from the heat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jadell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tomato Minestrone Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews