Notes: Chill leftover jam up to 2 weeks.
This recipe goes with Ham and Manchego Sandwiches with Tomato Jam
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 167mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups), rinsed and stemmed
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon (3 oz. total), including peel, rinsed and very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan, combine tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- 2. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced to 2 cups and has the consistency of thick jam, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments