This was a simple, easy way to use our garden tomatoes. Nothing special, though.
Tomato and Herb Salad with Fresh Chive Cheese
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 424mg
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- 2 pounds assorted vine-ripened tomatoes
- 12 to 14 slices Fresh Chive Cheese or fresh mozzarella
- About 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 sprigs marjoram, plus flowers if any
- 10 to 12 basil leaves, plus flowers if any
- 1. Slice large tomatoes; leave small tomatoes whole, or cut in wedges or halves. Arrange on a platter with cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk 1 tsp. salt, the vinegar, and honey until salt is dissolved; whisk in olive oil. Spoon over tomatoes.
- 3. Strip marjoram leaves and flowers from sprigs onto salad. With kitchen scissors, snip basil leaves and flowers over tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This