- 2 pounds assorted vine-ripened tomatoes
- 12 to 14 slices Fresh Chive Cheese or fresh mozzarella
- About 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 sprigs marjoram, plus flowers if any
- 10 to 12 basil leaves, plus flowers if any
- calories 227
- caloriesfromfat 59 %
- protein 8.5 g
- fat 15 g
- satfat 5.8 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- sodium 424 mg
- cholesterol 32 mg
How to Make It
Slice large tomatoes; leave small tomatoes whole, or cut in wedges or halves. Arrange on a platter with cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk 1 tsp. salt, the vinegar, and honey until salt is dissolved; whisk in olive oil. Spoon over tomatoes.
Strip marjoram leaves and flowers from sprigs onto salad. With kitchen scissors, snip basil leaves and flowers over tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.