- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package whole grain spaghetti
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- calories 219
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- monofat 4.2 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 6.7 g
- carbohydrate 33.8 g
- fiber 5.4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 324 mg
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Whisk together vinegar and 1 Tbsp. sugar in a bowl. Add onion, and let stand 30 minutes; drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. vinegar mixture.
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Place chopped tomatoes and next 9 ingredients in a serving bowl. Add hot cooked pasta, onion, and reserved vinegar mixture, gently tossing to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mueller's Whole Grain Spaghetti.