Both my husband and I thought this was very good. I divided everything by 4 and made it in two of the ramekins. Baked it for 20 minutes at 450*. Perfect. The magazine suggests to top them with mixed baby greens tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I think I'll try that next time....and there will be a next time.
Tomato-Herb Mini Frittatas
Transferring the bottom baking sheet to the middle rack during the last few minutes of cooking time allows the top to brown slightly.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 450º. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until blended. Stir together chives and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Place 8 lightly greased 4-inch (6-oz.) ramekins on 2 baking sheets; layer tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, and chive mixture in ramekins. Pour egg mixture over top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes, placing 1 baking sheet on middle oven rack and other on lower oven rack. Switch baking sheets, and bake 7 to 8 more minutes or until set. Remove top baking sheet from oven; transfer bottom sheet to middle rack, and bake 1 to 2 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Tomato-Herb Frittata: Prepare recipe as directed, substituting a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish for ramekins and increasing bake time to 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Note: Mixture will rise about 1 inch above rim of baking dish. Hands-on time: 10 min.; Total time: 30 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note