I followed the recipe exactly as instructed and found it to be perfect. I cut it into 8 pieces, they cut pretty exactly as shown in the picture for the recipe! http://itrickedmyselfsillysugaredition.blogspot.com/2014/02/tomato-herb-frittata.html
The secret to this recipe is an ovenproof nonstick pan, which allows the eggs to cook properly, keeps them from sticking, and simplifies cleanup.
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 (10-oz.) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 large eggs, beaten*
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic-and-herb feta cheese**
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Heat oil in a 10-inch (2-inch-deep) ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in spinach, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or just until spinach begins to wilt.
- 3. Add tomatoes and green chiles, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add eggs, and sprinkle with cheese. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, gently lifting edges of frittata with a spatula and tilting pan so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Slide frittata onto a large platter, and cut into 8 wedges.
- *1 (32-oz.) carton egg substitute may be substituted. Increase bake time to 16 to 18 minutes or until set.
- **Plain feta cheese may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with Ro-Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies.
- Try These Twists!
- Tomato-Sausage Frittata: Brown 1/2 lb. ground pork sausage in a 10-inch (2-inch-deep) ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 7 to 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; remove from skillet, and drain. Wipe skillet clean. Proceed with recipe as directed, adding sausage with tomatoes and green chiles in Step 3. Hands-on time: 34 min.; Total time: 51 min.
- Bacon-Mushroom Frittata: Prepare recipe as directed in Step 1, sautéing 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Proceed with recipe as directed, stirring 3 cooked and chopped bacon slices in with tomatoes. Hands-on time: 24 min.; Total time: 46 min.
- Eggplant-and-Olive Frittata: Prepare recipe as directed in Step 1, sautéing 1 cup peeled and chopped eggplant 5 minutes or until tender. Proceed with recipe as directed, stirring 1/2 cup sliced black olives in with tomatoes. Hands-on time: 32 min.; Total time: 49 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note